Thank you for considering speaking at
SMX Advanced Europe!
SMX Advanced Europe is taking place 10-11 September 2024.
Deadline for submissions: 12 April 2024
Speakers will be notified by: May/June 2024
Below you will find information on the process and all the benefits you will have should you be accepted as a speaker, as well as some tips for a successful application.
One of our most important differentiators to the many events out there is: We are vendor-neutral and so is our conference program. Every presentation is hand-picked, given by experts for experts and our high-quality sessions always deliver actionable value and inspiration. We also encourage in-depth discussions and Q&A sessions during the event.
The result of this intense vetting process is that as a speaker at SMX Advanced Europe you will be presenting in front of an enthusiastic, international, and VERY knowledgeable audience.
Why you should apply – your benefits
- Free access to all sessions on both conference days, plus a personalized discount code for your colleagues and friends.
- Extensive event preparation and support: You will receive a detailed speaker briefing six weeks before the event, as well as in-depth feedback on your draft presentation. If you need more support or coaching, all you need to do is ask. Our common goal is to make your session a success.
- Expand your network: As a speaker, you have the possibility to not only meet our amazing attendees but you will also get to know (inter)national top experts in a small setting – a great opportunity to extend your network with some of the most important people in the industry. Additionally, the conference offers several opportunities to network with your peers, e.g. the networking get-together after the first day.
- After the conference, we will provide you with professional speaker pictures that you are free to use for your very own portfolio.
- Personal & professional development: We will provide you with first-hand feedback from the attendees, giving you the opportunity to develop your presentation skills and get even better.
- We will help you raise awareness of your topic and build your personal brand. Our marketing activities include social media posts, newsletters, and teaser videos.
- After submitting your application using the form below, you will receive an automated confirmation. We review applications on an ongoing basis.
- The selection is based on your session title and description. If your topic is relevant, new, interesting and the description is a good appetizer, your chances of being accepted are higher. If you can send a video, even better!
- Submissions by the marketing or PR department and sales pitches will be rejected.
- There is no fee to submit an idea or a speaking pitch, nor do we pay any session speakers to present at SMX. Please note that we unfortunately can’t cover any T&E.
- Deadline for submissions is the 12th of April 2024 and you will hear from us between May and June at the latest. If we are convinced that your topic and you are a perfect fit you might hear from us sooner. It’s definitely an advantage to submit early to ensure that “your” topic is not taken already.
And last but not least: No sales pitch! Attendees come to the conference to learn, not to hear about what you sell. If you would like to present you company or your services, then please have a look at our sponsoring options.
Any questions? Reach out to Sandra
Sandra Finlay (SMX Conference Chair) with 2023 keynote speakers Curt Simon Harlinghausen (Managing Director, Miele X) and Alex Schultz (VP Analytics & CMO, Meta)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hints & Tips for Writing Your Abstract
Imagine yourself an attendee sitting in the audience when you give your presentation. What would you like to hear (or not)? What would make a positive impression and make you feel your time well-spent? Consider those questions carefully when you write your abstract.
For starters two quick rules: Don’t be commercial, and don’t overuse buzzwords. Both will lessen your chances of being accepted.
Say enough, but don’t say too much. One sentence – or a list of bullets – is definitely not enough. More than 100 words is usually too much. To optimize your chances, express your message fully but succinctly.
Be open, honest and concrete: How did you solve the problem? What did not work? How much is the benefit in numbers? How did you validate the results? Start understandably for everyone and go increasingly into detail for the expert
Be HandsOn: Your proposal should be as specific as possible. With few exceptions, SMX sessions are tactical and contain actionable information. If the participants are looking forward to implementing what they have learned directly after your session, then you are on the right track.
Be Advanced: We know it’s difficult to define advanced, but assume that your audience is a room full of search market professionals who could be speaking themselves at most other conferences. What can you teach this super savvy audience? Aim high!